Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ginger


I've always loved the flavor of ginger, there's something so intriguing about its unique spice and the scope of versatility it offers. Besides that though, ginger has several healing properties. Did you know that ginger helps with nausea, morning sickness (during pregnancy), digestion, feeling down (consumption of ginger releases dopamine in your brain), and works as an anti-inflammatory medicine? In celebration of ginger I made this delicious gin and ginger based beverage the other night. I've also used ginger when I made this roasted corn and edamame salad the other day, and lately I've enjoyed simply thinly slicing fresh ginger and adding it to my tea for extra flavor. What do think? Do you enjoy ginger as much as I do? Have you ever found it to be medicinally helpful? (Image credit: Joyful Belly)

No comments: