Friday, February 11, 2011

Mean Streets and Meatballs

Look at baby DeNiro!
Tonight Dusty and I are planning on watching Mean Streets--I'm a huge Scorsese fan and the sound track is perfection, I highly recommend (by the way the film is currently available on Netflix Instant Play). The only thing that could make watching a good old Italian mobster movie better is having a good bottle of wine and some delicious pasta to go along with it. My go-to recipe when it comes to Italian is spaghetti, homemade (or doctored up store bought) sauce with tons of mushrooms, and these meatballs from The Joy of Cooking cookbook. The only changes I make to the recipe are that I substitute turkey (I recommend Jennie-O Italian Seasoned ground turkey) for the beef, and sometimes use cilantro instead of the parsley because I use cilantro more often and therefore it makes more sense to buy a bushel of it. What are your plans for tonight?

No comments: