Thursday, January 28, 2010

Childhood Vacations



When I was a kid my parents didn't have a ton of money, so trips were generally made in our car to a campground somewhere. At the time I didn't always appreciate it, but now I'm genuinely happy that I've been so many places all over the U.S. and stayed at so many campgrounds. My favorite place to camp as a kid and as an adult was/is Hendy Woods State Park in Philo, CA-- a couple hours North of San Francisco. It's quite a drive from Southern California but well worth it. When I was young the redwood forest seemed magical, and now there's the added bonus of all the nearby wineries offering free tastings! Dusty and I made a trip up there last summer and had so much fun that we hope to do it again this year. Where are your favorite destinations? Did you go on lots of trips as a kid? Do you like camping or prefer the comfort of a hotel?

No comments: